We support environmentally-friendly
Plastic pollution is currently high on the news agenda. For some time, the Seabird team has supported a wide range of initiatives to raise awareness of this important issue.
Keep up-to-date with developments via our blog.
Here is some of the work we undertake:
- - Minimising plastics in the Seabird Café – no plastic straws, recyclable glass bottles and jars, sauce dispensers with compostable pots
- - 50p discount for tea/ coffee when you bring your own cup for take-aways
- Free water refills to cut waste
- - Our Education Officer, Andrew, leads a range of environmental workshops from nursery to secondary, with plans being made for an outreach programme. These encourage children to be more environmentally-friendly
- - We oppose plastic cotton buds and the unnecessary use of plastic, supporting and working in collaboration with the teams at the Marine Conservation Society and Fidra
- - We host fun, interactive science shows that have environmental messaging, to instil environmental values from a young age
- - We encourage people to reduce, reuse and recycle
- - We support changes in legislation to reduce plastic entering our seas and littering our beaches.
Track our hashtags for news and developments:
- We have amazing marine wildlife which is under threat in many ways – we all need to what we can to safeguard our wildlife for future generations.