Year of Young People
Young Board member
We are looking for a young person to join our Board of Trustees for the duration of one year. We understand the need to engage the next generation, who can bring invaluable insight, experience and ideas to further enhance the work of the charity.
Applications are sought from those working in the conservation, environmental education or the wildlife tourism sector who are aged between 18 and 35 years.
The appointed applicant will contribute to building on the Centre’s success and its exciting plans for the future, working with the diverse and experienced Board to create a world-class facility and activity programme dedicated to marine conservation and education.
The appointed person will:
• Attend our Board meetings in North Berwick
• Actively contribute to meetings with ideas on engaging and attracting young people to the Centre now and in the future
• Act as an ambassador, attending events as required throughout the year
Application process and deadline
• CV and covering letter should be sent to email@example.com by 12noon Friday 23 February 2018
• Applicants should be aged 18 to 35 on this date
• Interviews will take place with David Windmill, Chairman, and Tom Brock, CEO
• The first meeting the successful candidate will attend is Wednesday 21 March 2018.
For more information on this initiative, please click HERE.
We have some very special SOS Puffin trips planned, where young people will assist in cutting down the tree mallow on the island of Fidra. Click HERE for more info on the SOS Puffin Project. We will share photos and info from these conservation trips, after they taken place.
Young Seabird Ambassadors
Would you like to be one of our junior ambassadors?
We are looking for young people with a passion for nature, education, conservation or wildlife to contribute to our blog, create video content and support our work.
This is a rolling programme and we welcome applications from anyone who supports our charitable objectives.
Our Young Seabird Ambassadors get free entry to the five-star Discovery Centre and a free trip on the Seabird Catamaran Cruise.
Please complete this form and pop it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up-to-date with our YOYP news on our blog.